Tuesday, November 8, 2016

War

"Weapons are tools of ill omen
Wielded by the ignorant.
If their use is unavoidable,
The wise act with restraint.
The greatest sorrow is to be a veteran,
Witness to the atrocities of humanity."

I never knew who it was that said this: "I have not yet begun to fight."  With these results, it's a tough choice between that and "I will fight no more forever." Clearly, I chose the wrong time to live outside my country--how can I be here, when the majority apparently hate me and folks like me? In the face of that hate, if I give up I die, so in the words of a believer in a spiritual book I was reading recently, "What do you do when trials and tribulations come your way? Sister, it's time to tribulate!" If anyone needs me, I will be tribulating: "For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places." --Ephesians 6:12 

No comments:

Post a Comment