Saturday, November 26, 2016

Smothered

"It's daybreak and already
The prostitutes are on the street,
Addicts are searching the corners with a feral glint.
An obese woman, winded from a few steps,
Passes an anxious man scavenging a garbage can--
Jester to winos in a fiefdom of pigeons.
The summer sky is obscured with leaden clouds."

I do my best to remind myself that making mistakes, and recovering from them, are parts of a normal, human, even loving process. An author-speaker friend of mine says he hopes his work helps people find the freedom "to embrace who they've always been, and to love what they've always loved." I believe this is our only job as people: To love. To be loved. And to be love to and for other folks who haven't found this freedom yet. I wouldn't be able to do this job if I didn't learn, heal and grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment