Sunday, November 27, 2016

Conservation

"Don't let a thread fall without noticing it.
Don't rake dry brown leaves carelessly.
Think how difficult it was
For something to take this existence."

I come back to this again and again, but having lost my baby I couldn't agree more with the above. I have learned that it is one thing to become pregnant, entirely another to stay that way. Life is such a morass of resilience and delicacy, tenderness and wrath. If each step of my life is a commitment to that life, shouldn't it be life for all? I must do everything I can to preserve life as it is lived around and within me, but there is so little I control. Perhaps that lack of control is the difficulty; I must trust in the conditions of the moment, and build on them, to sustain life as long as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment