Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Choosing

"One side of a ridge is cold and foggy,
The other is hot and dry.
Just by choosing where you stand,
You alter your destiny."

There is nothing I can say now that will underscore this enough. Though we have yet to see solid consequences from the most recent choice in America, their potential is already being traumatically felt. I can choose to respond in love or in fear, but while the choice itself may be clear, the course of action often isn't. I pray for greater clarity with each passing moment, and for the trust I need to act in good conscience. I pray this now over every single person in our country, a place where, at least on paper, the protection of our rights and choices has no equal. Are we responsible enough to live that now to the full? 

No comments:

Post a Comment