Monday, November 28, 2016

Internalizing

"People think they don't have to learn,
Because there is so much information available.
But knowledge is more possessing than information.
Only the wise move fast enough."

Lately I've spent a lot of time wondering at how often and how much I've internalized the wrong things. Blatant falsehoods and inaccuracies about my personhood: as a woman, and as a disabled one at that. I struggle with the notion that it's too late to change some vital parts of my internal landscape, in order to embrace the many challenges I believe are still before me. With the new year fast approaching, and a world--and a country--that seems to need us all more than ever, the changes cannot come too soon. I'm grateful to have recognized the need for them, and may I maintain the strength to act upon them, always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment