Monday, September 19, 2016

Uncertainty

"Kicking a pebble by the side of the road,
Watching it tumble pell-mell.
Chance and randomness become order."

I think I've been persevering in faith long enough to recognize that that whole, "Everything happens for a reason," schtick is bull crap. There is a purpose to God's plan for us, sure, but I think that the whole hope and point of Christ is that we are justified by our faith, not by our suffering. If I can recognize that He accompanies me independent of what happens to me, inviting me to Him through those things--yet not because of them, which is important--I can persevere in what is right, not fearing the consequences to me personally. While suffering may be necessary and inevitable for growth, it is not an end in itself. I am not God's object, but His instrument. Though the conductor leads me, it is I who must play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment