Friday, September 2, 2016

Nonanticipation

"Put forth your effort
With no thought of gain."

Recently I was trying to explain to a friend my "trying but not trying" approach to having a family. At her prompting, I admitted that, yes, it may be partly influenced by the same old trying to protect myself from disappointment that I felt I had to do the whole time I was single and thinking a family would be beyond me always. At the same time, I view it as what my church teaches about being "open to life," and wanting that life and my family to be in tune with God's plan, not mine. I've had a long road to learn this, and waited a long time to enjoy the happiness I have now. I'm blessed with this new means and course of action to add to it, but I take nothing for granted; I only take steps in a worthy effort.  

No comments:

Post a Comment