Thursday, September 29, 2016

Marriage

"Wall of flames, bridge of tears.
Snowflake on newly forged links."

As much as marriage is a gift and a blessing, the consummation of a relationship, it is also a beginning. Every day is a chance to do something new and good for my husband. It seems only natural that we should yearn for a future that is more than we are. Since my miscarriage I always feel hesitant and afraid to think of family, of something more than what I have right now. I tell myself it must be some great sin to be discontented, even a little bit, in passing day to day. Yet if the goal were only to maintain the status quo, where would be the joy? It can be a step toward God to want more, and so I think I'll forge some links out of my fear, and cross a bridge of tears of joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment