Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Attraction

"Peacock iridescence in veridical shadows,
Violet blooms spread to noonday sun.
The world's beauty is a swirl of color,
But in the flower's center is bright stillness."

I have learned to be thoughtful in my approach to things and people that interest me. It's rather like what the Dalai Lama has said, here.  And finally having attracted a partner in this life, I understand the value and importance of being protected and cared for. I no longer run as great a risk of being used; I no longer find it as easy to slide back into self-destructive patterns and behaviors I tended toward and even relied on when I was single. Now when I find myself pulled in a certain direction, I look within to discern the purpose. I have learned to find the signs within myself, rather than searching desperately outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment