Thursday, September 1, 2016

Tradition

"Tradition was once function,
But today there is no tradition.
Where is there a true path?"

When I was growing up there's nothing I longed for more than a chance to fulfill and continue those things I saw as traditions in my family, whether centered around holidays, birthdays, vacations, or everyday life. As I've weathered the dramatic, and often traumatic, changes in my family life since then, I've learned and tried to embrace the courage of establishing new traditions, unique to my marriage and the family we hope to bring up together; for things done in a spirit of tradition will be remembered, and the spirit of tradition imparts values. From values come wisdom, and from wisdom: strength, faith, hope and love. I'm so grateful for them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment