Thursday, December 10, 2020

78. Difficulties Are Overcome By Yielding

 "Parents facing hardship and sorrow

must become like water.

They must  embrace 

the hardest things of life

and enfold them with their heart. 

Death and loss are overcome

with gentleness and serenity.


We all want to protect our children 

from the sorrow and loss of life.

We cannot.

But the way we behave

when faced with these things

will give our children all they need

to remain at peace.

Remember water.

Nothing hard can stop it.

What hardships are you facing?

What are your children learning

as they watch you?


Over the past three years or so my family and I have faced more different difficulties together than I would have thought possible for one small group of folks to handle. I am grateful for the hard lessons I learned early on in life that have equipped me to embrace hardships since then if not with ease, then at least with some measure of grace. This also is not easy to maintain, but I never stop trying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment