Thursday, October 20, 2016

Superstition

"The voices of ghosts are so familiar,
They whisper to me every day.
You, so young and rich,
Make assumptions with absolute assurance.

I vacillate between superstition and tradition.
You don't need to question."

Sometimes I think this is all I've got, but then I remember the man I fell in love with, how he "waited in the wings" of my life for years. I think of how a stranger saved my life as I was getting off the bus in Istanbul, about to be dragged down the street when the door closed on my arm. I think of--no, almost seem to have memories--of how my twin and I shared our mother's womb, and have shared so much else since then. I am grateful for the ways God humbles me for His purpose. As tough sometimes as it is to see the good in it all, I will never give in or forsake Him, no matter how close I may have come before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment