Saturday, October 15, 2016

Enjoyment

"Sleek sky of cobalt blue;
Water like nectar satisfies deeply.
Air sweeter than the best perfume;
Sunlight warms a grateful cat."

Once the losses in my life had begun, I struggled to enjoy myself. It's gotten so bad that now the struggle is the norm, rather than either the enjoyment or the loss. I'm like a trapped animal that only ensnares itself further as it tries to find its way out. In my case, though, I seem to have forgotten where exactly the trap came from, knowing only that it must still be here because I am still struggling. Would that I felt my own strength, rather than that of the trap to hold me. Would that I saw my own flexibility, rather than flailing blindly. I pray for deliverance, yet shy away from the hand of my Deliverer. Would that I could thank Him for waiting so patiently for me to be still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment