Thursday, September 4, 2014

Day 19 - #29

"If you try to grab hold of the world
and do what you want with it, 
you won't succeed.
The world is a vessel for spirit, and
wasn't meant to be manipulated.
Tamper with it, and you'll spoil it.
Hold it, and you'll lose it.

With Tao, sometimes you move ahead
and sometimes you stay back;
sometimes you work hard 
and sometimes you rest.
Sometimes you're strong
and sometimes you're weak;
sometimes you're up;
sometimes you're down.

The sage remains sensitive,
avoiding extremes,
avoiding extravagance,
avoiding excess."

To everything there is a season; why, then do things sometimes seem so slow to change? Other times, they seem to change in a heartbeat. Maybe those are the times I'm listening the best: I can hear the heart of the world.

Is it necessary to believe it has a special message for me? Because I sometimes think I must just ignore it at my own peril. Slowly I'm learning what to listen to and for, how to hear. Trusting the echo, tracing it to its source every time, so there's nothing not to believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment