Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day 12 - #23

"Nature is sparing with speech:
a whirlwind doesn't last all morning,
a rain shower doesn't last all day.

What causes these? Heaven and earth.
If heaven and earth can't make something
furious endure, how could man?

Concentrate on Tao and you'll experience Tao.
Concentrate on power and you'll experience power.
Concentrate on loss and you'll experience loss.

If you won't trust, you won't be trusted."

If I make an idol of my loss, I never will lose it.
If I make an idol of motherhood, I never will gain it.
If I make an idol of love, I never will feel it.
If I make an idol of feelings, I never will sense my center.

If I never sense my center, I never will come before God.
If I never come before God, I will hide in my pain.

If I hide in my pain, I never will feel His healing touch.

I wonder sometimes if I make an idol out of everything.

His healing touch is my desire and my fear. But I don't live my life by this desire, this fear; they live, they coexist within me. They wail from my heart, and all I can do is listen, and wait, and trust. Even when it hurts.

All the pain is just another step toward God.

No comments:

Post a Comment