Sunday, October 9, 2016

Pivoting

"Some days, you and I go mad.
Our bellies get stuffed full,
Hearts break, minds snap.
We can't go on the old way so
We change. Our lives pivot,
Forming a mysterious geometry."

A friend wrote in her Facebook status today, "If I were to die tomorrow, I would die knowing I had loved fully."  I don't know if I could say the same. I know I said something similar, but opposite, to my husband not long after we had met, once we had declared our love for each other: "If I had to leave this world tomorrow, I would leave knowing that I was loved." At that moment, that was enough. Yet now, not being able to fulfill my friend's statement is the closest I feel I will ever come to being able to express how not having children (yet) makes me feel. To live a life empty of this love is a tragedy for me. As I continue to wait, I never know whether to grow bolder or more humble about asking for my great commission. I am ready anytime for the change it will bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment