Monday, October 24, 2016

Censorship

"Emperors uphold censorship,
But extreme repression leads to extreme reaction.
Individualists believe in freedom,
But extreme expression leads to extreme reaction."

I find I can do no good work without humility. This requires an inner quiet and willing slowness that I seldom, if ever, master. While I've always been long on patience, I usually spare more for others than for myself. This leads to my own frustration, and holding myself up against the impossible, which is no doubt the fruit of my pride and nothing else. Fortunately I have learned to be thoughtful if not always deliberate, I want not to censor myself, but only to back up what I say and do with an abundance of integrity. If I speak or act out of turn, my integrity is but an afterthought. Instead, may it go before me always, in all I say and do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment