Saturday, October 29, 2016

Armor

"Ripe fruit, crisp greens, live grain,
Vital roots, tender meat, spring water.
Growing essence nourishes your own.
Essence alloyed with breath makes you flexible but hard.
The sage's body is armored.
The sage is impervious to death."

In life I try to be honest and humble, standing always ready to give up everything at any moment for the sake of the One who made me. And yet at a time where my job leaves me feeling empty and uninspired, and my childlessness makes me feel I am missing out on the best part of being human, I fail continually to protect myself from the travails that shouldn't break me. I ask Him to still my flailing confusion, and to help me direct the experience of my pain toward being His best servant, doing His will and growing in it toward my final transformation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment