Sunday, October 2, 2016

Leisure

"Bird chirp, vanguard for coming rain,
Dog bark skitters through twilight village.
Smoke raises a column through the pines,
Contented families dine in golden windows."

I often find that just when I feel well-rested comes the moment when I have to turn back around and go to work. Still other things that, perhaps, should be restful, feel for all the world like work. I do the best I can to be self-aware and intentional with my time, at the very least to pace myself through any feelings of overwhelm, but still many things escape me day to day. It's popular as well as easy to say, "Find something you love to do and you'll never work a day in your life," but I have yet to experience that. I have done many kinds of work I enjoy, yet they all carry their own stresses. Perhaps a key is balance, so that nothing--work, rest, or play--is neglected or forgotten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment