Monday, November 30, 2020

74. River of Change

 "The child you see today

will not be here tomorrow.

The child arriving home from school,

is different from the one

who left from home this morning.

Every moment is a death

of all that has gone before,

and a birth

of all that is to come.

You must jump into the river

and let it carry you on its journey.

If you try to stop it

you will drown.


Neither we,

nor our children,

will avoid change,

loss, and death.

But our children 

will interpret these things

through the vision we give them.

If you can manage

to see through your fear

of these three things,

your children will have

the greatest vision possible."


The one thing I pray over my daughter the most now is that she will have the courage to tell the truth of (and about) her own life, always. The cost of not speaking up is too great to do otherwise. I have learned that the hard way, many times over. While I'd like to spare her that particular lesson if I can, I know she will have her own to learn, no matter what. 


No comments:

Post a Comment