Saturday, January 21, 2017

Patience

"This apple is like a jewel,
With every shade of red and green
And a perfect shape.
What a miraculous fruit."

A popular expression in recovery is, "Don't leave before the miracle happens." Time and time again I have been tempted against this, certainly in my personal life and still also at this point in history, when I fight daily against the sense that I chose the wrong time to live outside the country. Strong as that temptation might be, the thing to remember is that all my experiences are preparing me to do the best, most challenging work of my life yet. Though there is only ever so ready a person can be, I think I finally have the awareness that will allow me to prepare and embrace both my work and my life in their fullness.

No comments:

Post a Comment