Sunday, December 18, 2016

Composure

"Although they may have to kill
Or suffer themselves to be killed,
A person of composure remains compassionate.
Nothing is ever destroyed,
Nothing is ever created.
All is infinity."

Having a people-centered job has taught me a lot about how to:



At the same time, I can't help wishing that I were more dispassionate, that my sense of detachment were healthier. It would be easier to accept injustice. But right now I'm not so sure it's supposed to be easier. It's all too easy to say, "Life isn't fair," and have done with it. I'm here to tell you I think life does not have to be unfair. I consider it my job to make life as fair as I possibly can--so, I refuse to stop caring. I will detach only when I see that I can do no more. I will stay calm only in my assuredness that I must continue to fight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment