Thursday, July 14, 2016

Interpretation

"All that we experience is subjective.
There is no sensation without interpretation.
We create the world and ourselves;
Only when we stop do we see the truth."

That's what I've been feeling like doing lately: Stopping. The tragedies and unrest in the world, the stress of trivialities at work, my personal heartache...All are making life just a little hard to bear. But while we live perhaps it's harder to stop than it is just to tread water. Sometimes staying in the flow of life is exhausting. I can't see where it's going and, what's worse, sometimes I don't even want to. There's only so much I can to do interpret difficulties in a positive way. I know the struggle makes me strong, but I would be a fool to expect some reward for my strength. If it comes, I will rejoice in it. If it doesn't, I will do my best to stop even as I live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment