Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Celibacy

"In winter, animals do not mate.
Preserve your Tao
By preserving your essence."

In this blog I spent considerable time and energy musing on how and why I managed to remain celibate for the first 34 years of my life. How much simpler my journey would have been if somebody had laid out that the choice to give it up or not is really just a choice between preserving or sharing one's life force. How much happier I would have been, how grateful to preserve my life force until I had received just the right invitation. These days I take comfort in knowing I did the right thing, but at what cost? It's only recently that I've come to believe my unique life force has its own intrinsic value. If I can help another learn from that pain, it will have to be enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment