Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Breakthrough

"Lake shadows color of cold,
Willow branches weep ice.
Swan rises dazzling in the sunlight."

I tell myself that if I just keep going, I will suddenly find myself beyond anywhere I ever knew before. This has happened many times in my life before, and I'm sure it will again. I know that this is a process of growth and striving, that one day I will look back and marvel at how fast it all changed. But for now I'm here, and God is teaching me the lessons as deliberately as He pleases. I try to understand that He's giving me the tools for my breakthrough. I try to understand that I have so many already, and should use them to the full. I relish what's truly good, and learn quickly from the rest to change it for the better. Perhaps the breakthrough is happening now--like springtime, like fire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment