Monday, May 1, 2017

Template

"Must you see nature as a machine?
Is your only learning chemistry, physics, and ontology?
What if poetry was your template for life?
Can't you know Tao by the feeling of mud in your sandals?
Thus are the sages called silly:
They have given up their prejudices."

Is it possible to oversimplify the message of God? Is it necessary to parse everything until I achieve understanding? I doubt it. The possibilities of God are endless. I believe that. Sometimes I think I know it. And then something else surprises me. That's my faith: the willingness to be surprised, the willingness to wonder. Whatever kind of filter I place on things, it's always eventually flushed clean. I'm grateful for that. It means that I get to try again, but I don't have to get everything. I just have to keep trying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment