Friday, August 29, 2014

Day 13 - #22

"Allow yourself to yield, and
you can stay centered.
Allow yourself to bend, and
you can stay straight.
Allow yourself to be empty, and
you'll get filled up.
Allow yourself to be exhausted, and
you'll be renewed.

Having little, you can receive much.
Having much, you'll just become confused.

Therefore the sage embraces the oneness
and becomes a pattern for the whole world.
She doesn't display herself,
so she becomes illuminated.
She doesn't justify herself,
so she becomes distinguished.
She doesn't boast,
so she is recognized.
She doesn't claim credit,
so she advances and endures.
She doesn't contend,
so no one can contend with her.

'Yield and you can stay centered'--
Is this saying meaningless?
Stay whole, and all things return to you."

What does it mean to have a lot? Materially, I've rarely suffered; spiritually, often and exceedingly. I was in college when I learned to name my mental anguish, in adulthood when I learned just how--now--I've let my thoughts and feelings be disturbed by fears of what might happen. If I can yield to the peace of the present moment only--then, I will have everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment