Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Day 10 - #14

"Looked at but not seen,
listened to but not heard,
grasped for but not held,
formless, soundless, intangible:
the Tao resists analysis and
defies comprehension.

Its rising is not about light,
its setting is not a matter of darkness.
Unnameable, unending,
emerging continually, and
continually pouring back into nothingness,
it is formless form, unseeable image,
elusive evasive unimaginable mystery.

Confront it, and you won't see its face.
Follow it, and you can't find an end.
Perceive its ancient subtle heart, however,
and you become master of the moment.
Know what came before time,
and the beginning of wisdom is yours."

It's my own understanding I battle with, my own inner voices snarling against the light. None but the Everlasting Arms could have held me up through this fight so long.

I die of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment