Thursday, February 22, 2018

Nine

"He who desires the admiration of the world will do
well to amass a great fortune and then give it away.
The world will respond with admiration in proportion
to the size of his treasure.
Of course, this is meaningless.

Stop striving after admiration.
Place your esteem on the Tao.
Live in accord with it,
share with others the teachings that lead to it,
and you will be immersed in the blessings that flow
from it."

Sometimes, I wonder how much more I will have to give before I can feel those blessings. Other times, I'm grateful I have anything to give at all. Navigating between the two is the biggest challenge. My goal is to increase my equanimity throughout. It's something I have always struggled to maintain, even at the best of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment