Friday, May 11, 2018

Seventy-Seven

"Humanity grows more and more intelligent, yet there
is clearly more trouble and less happiness daily.
How can this be so?
It is because intelligence is not the same thing as
wisdom.

When a society misuses partial intelligence and
ignores holistic wisdom, its people forget the
benefits of a plain and natural life.
Seduced by their desires, emotions, and egos, they
become slaves to bodily demands, to luxuries, to
power and unbalanced religion and psychological
excuses.
Then the reign of calamity and confusion begins.

Nonetheless, superior people can awaken during times
of turmoil to lead others out of the mire.
But how can the one liberate the many?
By first liberating his own being.
He does this not by elevating himself, but by lowering
himself.
He lowers himself to that which is simple, modest,
true; integrating it into himself, he becomes a
master of simplicity, modesty, truth.

Completely emancipated from his former false life, he
discovers his original pure nature, which is the pure
nature of the universe.

Freely and spontaneously releasing his divine energy,
he constantly transcends complicated situations and
draws everything around him back into an integral
oneness.
Because he is a living divinity, when he acts, the
universe acts."

I count myself grateful that I have learned to apply my intelligence in the pursuit of wisdom. By becoming more in tune with myself, I hope I can understand the world and my place in it. I am just starting to discover my personal power. I used to regret that it seems to have taken so long, but now I appreciate my staying power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment