Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 66 - #27

"A good runner leaves no tracks;
a good speaker makes no slips;
a good planner doesn't have to scheme.
The best lock has no bolt, and
no one can open it.
The best knot uses no rope, and
no one can untie it.

Thus the master is always good at saving
people, and doesn't abandon anyone;
Always good at saving things, and
doesn't waste anything.
This is known as 'following the light.'

What is a good man but a bad man's teacher?
What is a bad man but a good man's charge?
It doesn't matter how smart you are if you
don't have the sense to honor your teachers
and cherish your responsibilities.
This is an essential teaching of Tao."

For so long I have begged God to give me a responsibility I could cherish. Now I feel as if it is so near I almost can taste it. May He have mercy on me, indeed, if there is something I, in my yearning, have overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment