Thursday, December 1, 2016

Unexpectant

"Meditate with no thought of gain.
Expect no ambitions to be fulfilled;
Only then will the inner force manifest."

I have written before about how overwhelming the love of God can be; a friend of mine recently shared her thoughts that even in the thick of our prayers we still withhold ourselves from Him in ways we barely understand. I think the trickiest part is to stop expecting God to do what we want, or to do what makes sense to us. I mean, He gave us reason, yet it seems we must transcend it to connect with Him. I am willing, but never ready. Hopeful, but always fearful. My lack of expectations can lead me to despair. When I have learned to thrill to the power of the unknown, I will be ready to meet it, and Him, at last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment